In high school and college, you may be encouraged to travel or study abroad.
在高中和大学,你可能会被鼓励去旅行或出国留学。
Perhaps you are too busy with your schoolwork to seriously consider these chances.
也许你因为忙于学业而没有认真考虑这些机会。
I encourage travelling at a young age.
我鼓励年轻时多去旅行。
The earlier you travel widely, the more you can learn.
你越早广泛地旅行,就能学到越多的东西。
As young people, most of us live with Mum and Dad.
作为年轻人,我们大多数人都和父母住在一起。
We know our community well too.
我们也非常熟悉自己的社区。
The idea of getting out of this comfort zone can be scary.
走出这种舒适区的想法可能会让人感到害怕。
However, one learns the most in unfamiliar situations.
然而,一个人在陌生的环境中学到的东西最多。
In our daily lives, we know well how to act and respond to people.
在日常生活中,我们很清楚该如何行为、如何与人相处。
But how about being in a new place, with strangers who hold different values?
但是,如果身处一个新地方,周围都是持有不同价值观的陌生人呢?
It can be uncomfortable at first.
一开始可能会感到不自在。
But once you work out that you can connect with people in spite of differences, you become smarter and more confident.
但当你发现自己能够跨越差异与他人建立联系时,你会变得更聪明、更自信。
You should learn to face this discomfort.
你应该学会面对这种不适感。
It will help you to grow.
这将有助于你的成长。
==
In high school and college, you may be encouraged to travel or study abroad. Perhaps you are too busy with your schoolwork to seriously consider these chances. I encourage travelling at a young age.The earlier you travel widely, the more you can learn.
As young people, most of us live with Mum and Dad, We know our community well too. The idca of getting out of this comfort zone(舒适区)can be scary.
However, one learns the most in unfamiliar situations. In our daily lives, we know well how to act and respond (容复)to people. But how about being in a new place, with strangers who hold different values? It can be uncomfortable at first. But once you work out that you can connect with people in spite of(尽管) differences, you become smarter and more confident. You should learn to face this discomfort. It will help you to grow.